Thursday, August 04, 2011

More or less ready

I have put in most of the Buoyancy, I have just the bow bag to do. (1 evening)

I have finished the fittings, including the self-bailers.

I have still to put on 3 mooring cleats, (2 bolts & 1 backing plate each - 1 evening for the three)

And to sort out the trailer board for towing, (1 evening)
and a holder for the mast. (? not sure about this)

I'm now gathering things like a paddle, flares, Life Jackets, a bucket, etc to get the boat ready.

But I'm, no longer building a boat, now I'm getting it ready for launch.

Watch this space for photos in the water.
And maybe even a short video or two.

Sadly, I do realise that I will have to do a capsize test, and an swamping test. Neither of these are going to be a whole lot of fun. I'm thinking wet suits and a sunny day, which may mean next season.

D

3 comments:

John M. said...

Inspirational! I'm in the planning stages of a Glen-L 15 sloop, and you've given me a tremendous amount of information, and even more important, hope.

I can't wait to see your boat in the water.

Janis said...

Oh, you must be extremely happy now.
While I do hope my boat will see water for the 1st time already this fall, it is certain that the boat will not be ready to sail before the end of next summer.

Eric S said...

Wanted to say thank you for the blog! I am building a Glen-L 15 and your blog was very helpful.
It inspired me to create a blog of my build to hopefully help someone else.
My blog is here: https://glenl15build.blogspot.com/2022/02/welcome.html