Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In the Dark

It was a lovely day for backyard boat building yesterday, not cold, not raining, not even windy. But I was in work. So I get home, have dinner, entertain the little uns until it's bedtime, and then it's Dark.

But I really wanted to take out the deck screws and replace them with bronze ones on the sheer strake. 

So out with the cheapo site light. 500 watts of halogen illumination, and we are golden.

I have decided that I like my Stanley Yankee for bronze screws. It's slower than a power driver, until you factor in the sheer grief of stripping the screw heads, or just plain sheering off the top of the screw. The Yankee just does not do this.

Next job, this weekend hopefully, is the other sheer.

2 comments:

Simon said...

Classic Boat, March Issue. page 56Might help you out.

SimonG

Rational Root said...

Many Thanks, It would be nice to build such a shelter, but I think I have already explored the limits of my wife's tolerance as much as I dare. 8-)