You know, in spit of reading Steve Henry's advice on the GlenL Forums, I went and built the scaffold and then looked at the the frame sitting by the wall and thought "Ah fiddlesticks*, Steve warned me not to do that.".
One of the frames has a cross piece and needs to be in place before you screw the scaffold together. A little bit of dissasembly followed.
I now have a scaffold, the transom is mounted, one frame is on the scaffold. I need another good sunday to position the frames properly. Then we get our kitchen back.
I built the scaffold about 6 inches higher than the diagram, to make it easier to work on.
I suspect that I will need to shim some of the frames to make sure that everything is level, since there are a few individualities in them, but that should be easy enough.
Pic's will follow once I have all the frames set up.
* "Fiddlesticks" may not have been the exact word that came to mind.